Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's the Final Countdown... 10 days until Anna is Here.

This weekend has been very busy for Anna and I. Anna was exhausted after she had spent all day packing her suitcases. She is having a difficult time trying to decide what she should take with her. It is sad that she cannot take everything with her. She is leaving so many things behind because all she can take is 3 suitcases and a few carry on bags.
I can't imagine how difficult it must be for Anna to be forced to pick and choose between the things that she has accumulated over the years. I am sure many things are very sentimental to her. She has a long history there that will come to an end on July 23rd when she will begin her new life in America. She is moving away from her mother, sister and other relatives that she  has spent her entire life with.
This is a very stressful time for Anna. Two years ago she would have never considered leaving Russia and now she is leaving the only home that she has known in all her life to come to start a new life in a strange place surrounded by strangers that don't speak her language. Even though she has spent many hours practicing her English she will still have difficulty communicating with people. I can't even begin to even try to imagine the anxiety she is experiencing right now with the anticipation of the uncertain future. I just hope she will take some comfort knowing she will have a neighbor that speaks Russian.
Meanwhile, I have been busy preparing the house for Anna and the children. I have been trying to keep the house clean and finish some projects that I have been working on. Today I worked on one of the spare bedrooms installing a new floor that I started working on 3 years ago and never finished. Hopefully I will be done within the next few days so that I can get it furnished. I am hoping that I can have it completely furnished by the time they arrive. Maybe my friends at the Main Street Auction will have some good deals next weekend because I will need some bed frames and dressers for their bedrooms. I really want to have it done by the time she arrives. Today my good friend Bob took me to Costco and purchased some new mattresses for the children as a wedding gift to us. Thank you Bob!
It is interesting to look back over the past two years and see how much our lives have changed. Both our lives changed considerably when we met on Badoo in September of 2011. Neither Anna or I could have ever imagined all of this. All I know is that after I met Anna, my life has not been the same. All the goals I had set in life became irrelevant and replaced with new goals starting with spending the rest of my life with Anna.
She has inspired me in so many ways. I never knew I was a poet until she inspired me to write 26 pages of poetry in a poem called "The Never Ending letter". She has also inspired this blog. "Hello Anna!" is gaining a lot of attention worldwide. I once told Anna that I would stand on the roof and announce to the whole world how much I love her. This blog is my rooftop and I stand up on it and shout it loudly.
Tomorrow will be nine days until Anna finally comes home. Provided that the passport comes in time. We have our fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment